The rapidly increasing development of technology has huge impact on all walks of life including the different fields of study in science and humanities.The escalating progress of technology has propelled enthralling opportunities to scholars to delve into interdisciplinary studies that question the convergences between technology and other academic disciplines. Taking its cue from this dynamic interdisciplinary approach, BUC Fifth International Conference aims to establish a strong platform to investigate the intersections and convergences between technology, language and literatures and to open new venues of scholarship that link humanities and computing and digital technologies (digitizing humanities and humanizing the digital).
• E-Learning / • Technology and teaching /• Pedagogy and Media
• ELT and Media / • The Role of IT Applications in Learning and Teaching
• Computational Linguistics / • Computer-Assisted Translation
• Text-Mining / • Artificial Intelligence and Translation
• Artificial Intelligence and Learning / • Technology and Learning
• Games and Learning / • Active Learning Pedagogy /• Literature and Media
• Graphic Novels /• Twitterature /• Science Fiction /• Digital/Electronic Literature
• Cyborgs /• Digital Art and Performance /• Authorship and Technology
• Technology and Language Assessment /• Emerging Technology and Course Design
Submitted proposals will be assessed through a process of double blind review according to relevance to the conference title, themes and sub-theme(s), and originality and significance of contribution.
Early bird registration (before or on May 10, 2019): 25 OMR
Late registration (after May 10, 2019): 30 OMR
The fee covers conference kit, refreshments,conference certificate, lunches and refreshments during the conference.
A conference discount will be secured at various hotels in Al Buraimi. Please follow updates on the conference webpage (http://buccollege.com/bucconf/index.html).
|Abstract Submission Deadline||1 May 2019|
|Notification of Acceptance (First Round)||15 March 2019|
|Notification of Acceptance (Second Round)||3 May 2019|
|Registration Deadline||15 May 2019|
|Submission of Full Paper||15 December 2019|
|Conference Dates||4-5 December 2019|